** THERE IS NO BURNING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **
** DUE TO UNFAVORABLE FIRE CONDITIONS **
** 5/7/21 **
Permits are available at the following locations and times. Please follow all COVID-19 protocols when meeting with Fire Warden Linda Cook and Deputy Fire Warden Alex Northern. Please wear a mask, sanitize, and bring your own pen. Thank you.
Fire Warden Linda Cook will be available in the rear parking lot of the public safety building (Enter and exit via Hazen Street):
- Mondays: 07:00-11:00
- Tuesdays: 15:00-17:00
- Wednesdays: 07:00-11:00
- Thursdays: 15:00-17:00
- Fridays: 07:00-11:00
- Saturdays: 07:00-10:00
- Sundays: 07:00-10:00
Call Fire Warden Cook at (603) 208-7847, for permits during off hours.
Deputy Fire Warden Alex Northern will be available in front of the fire station (Enter and exit via Firehouse Lane, by the grange hall):
- Mondays: 11:00-15:00
- Tuesdays: 09:00-12:00
- Wednesdays: 11:00-15:00
- Thursdays: 09:00-12:00
- Fridays: 11:00-15:00
The Public is encouraged to call ahead for an appointment with the Deputy Fire Warden. He is available at (802) 649-1133.
For any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact Fire Warden Cook.
When planning to burn, please make sure the rules to kindle are followed, these rules can also be found on the back of your burn permit.
- This permit is valid for place and time stated.
- This permit in no way relieves the person whom it is granted from any liability related to the fire or any damages it might cause.
- The person setting the fire must at all times have sufficient help and tools present to control the fire.
- Only natural wood material may be burned under this permit. Other materials burned require an Air Pollution permit as well as this permit.
- The fire must not be left until it is entirely extinguished.
- Restricted materials cannot be used to ignite natural wood materials.
- Any special conditions written on this permit are considered as part of “conditions to burn”.
- If any permit condition is not followed, then the permit is immediately invalid and you will be burning illegally.
- Violation of the conditions of this permit may result in the permittee receiving a “Vermont Fire Prevention Ticket” which will result in court action and a fine for each day of violation.
- If you do not understand the law or have further questions, contact your local forest fire warden before you burn. This permit may be cancelled for cause at any time. Contact Fire Warden Linda Cook, (603) 208-7847.